Since it’s NaBloPoMo and I’m in serious need of some blog fodder, it seemed like a good time to do the “100 things about me” meme.
Without further ado…
1. I’ve only lived in 2 states
2. I’m about equal parts New Englander and Southerner
3. Most people don’t believe the part about being a Southerner
4. The first thing that EVERYONE says when they learn where I grew up is ” you don’t have an accent.”
5. I’m quite sick of hearing that.
6. I’m culturally Jewish.
7. I’m a little bit religiously Jewish too.
8. I grew up surrounded by Southern Baptists.
9. We rarely saw eye to eye.
10. Because of this, I was friends with the freaks, the weirdos, and the kids of color (all 5 or 6 of them).
11. I think if being Jewish and lefty hadn’t been so weird I would have figured out earlier that I was queer.
12. I came out when I was 19.
13. On National Coming Out Day.
14. That is still a little embarassing.
15. I am a femme girl.
16. This was hard in college because I thought you had to be butch to be a “real” queer.
15. My high school classmates thought I was queer before I did.
16. They thought this because I was a feminist.
17. Being a feminist has been important to who I am as long as I can remember.
18. It wasn’t until college that I understood what being a feminist had to do with being anti-racist.
19. The first time I heard about white privilege I was so mad I had to keep myself from leaving class.
20. I think I’ve come a long way since then.
21. I have a long way to go.