We decided to switch Roo from formula to milk today, since we’re approaching the 12-month mark. We were told to just do it cold turkey and not bother weaning him gradually.
Well, the kid sucked down 3 ounces and his system promptly rebelled. I’ll spare you the grossness.
Pediatrician says it could be an allergy, but not necessarily, and recommended that we just wait a week and try again. He’s been on cow’s milk formula for months with no problems, and eats every and any kind of cheese he can get his hands on, so it makes sense that it wouldn’t necessarily be an allergy… but this was a pretty violent reaction.
Anyone have any experience with this? Assvice? Ideas?