Birthdays aren’t as much fun at 32 as they were at 12, but I still like ’em.
So here’s the grateful list for the day:
- For the requisite disgusting office birthday cake that represents how lucky I am to get paid to do this work with these people;
- For that awesome kid whose latest trick is to jump overandoverandoverandover on his brand new mini trampoline (courtesy of Grandma) while shouting “bum, bum, bum!”
- For the tickets I have in my hot little hands to see Richie Havens live tonight;
- For the stack of potatoes and bottle of vodka just begging to be turned into latkes and cocktails for a couple of friends tomorrow night;
- For my wife who met me when I was 24-year-old cute but insists I’m much cuter now;
- For being where I had barely hoped to be at 32.