December 25, 2007
The lack of a babysitter punched a big hole in the usual let’s-go-to-the-movies Jewish Christmas day plan, but we more than made up for it.
Off I went to the movies – this morning! All alone with my overpriced chai latte! and cried my way through Juno (more on that later). Then a little naptime booty, a send-off for NSG as she goes off to see Juno on her own (if we can’t go together at least we can talk about it later), a date at the deserted, snowy-but-sunny playground with my Roo, and a big pot of chili on the stove to share with friends who don’t do Christmas.
And that’s all for a Tuesday. Does it get better?
Whatever you’re doing today, I hope it makes you feel like a pig in shit.
December 7, 2007
Birthdays aren’t as much fun at 32 as they were at 12, but I still like ’em.
So here’s the grateful list for the day:
- For the requisite disgusting office birthday cake that represents how lucky I am to get paid to do this work with these people;
- For that awesome kid whose latest trick is to jump overandoverandoverandover on his brand new mini trampoline (courtesy of Grandma) while shouting “bum, bum, bum!”
- For the tickets I have in my hot little hands to see Richie Havens live tonight;
- For the stack of potatoes and bottle of vodka just begging to be turned into latkes and cocktails for a couple of friends tomorrow night;
- For my wife who met me when I was 24-year-old cute but insists I’m much cuter now;
- For being where I had barely hoped to be at 32.
November 22, 2007
The view at 6:30 this morning from my cousin’s house.
November 2, 2007
I haven’t done one of these in a long time, but Clementine prompted me in her comment today and I remembered how much I liked doing these:
So, the grateful list, Friday edition:
- A baby who raced purposefully across the room to hand me a rubber duck when I got home from work last night
- The new Barbara Kingsolver book, which is renewing my committment to thinking about the source of what I put in my mouth before I do it
- The look on my friend T.’s face when she opened her door Wednesday night to find a tiny heffalump on her porch
- My newly clean desk, a byproduct of my total lack of motivation to do anything that’s actually on my to-do list
- My newly clean car (see bullet point above)
- $2,500 in grants that came in today from a slapdash proposal I threw together and sent out the door at the 11th hour last week
- The pile of yarn in colors I want to eat and the optimism that allows me to think it might turn into a sweater before Roo’s too big to wear it
- Heirloom carrots in the fridge, which can make something good with that big hunk of ginger on the door
- Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday
And you? What are you grateful for?